Sunday, May 26, 2013

New Friends!

25 May 2013

I don't feel strong! In the mornings. I have to pray in order to get out of bed; then I get out of bed and ask God for the strength to put one foot in front of the other. The 3 Day Walk for the Cure comes to mind. I can take one more step, yes, and just another step.... Maybe I can finish the race!

I’ve met another young couple; they are Australians who share Maddy's house in Kigali: Liz and Joel. They have a refrigerator and chocolate in a variety of forms. Last night Liz made me a glass of cold chocolate from fresh milk, and gave me a chocolate bar! This morning we ate fresh pancakes with mixed fruit salad topping.

Liz is quite the artist. She draws, paints and SEWS!! We hit it off immediately and since my plans to go to Cyuru this weekend were put to a halt because of national work day (no bus transportation because everyone must help work on the community project) Liz and I are driving her car to downtown Kigali and looking at fabric. It is much cheaper here, because it is the wholesale market where other towns and shops (including Josephine) buy their fabrics. I'm so excited!! Liz even has an electric sewing machine!

They live near the Kigali airport and will host me any time I’m in town. So now I have two options! I will also look at small refrigerators and microwaves today, both of which can be repurchased by other expats when I leave. This is the first time in weeks that I have felt enlivened. Thank God!


 Below are three photos:
1. The road I walk to IWE
2. Flowers by the road
3. Young ladies in one of my classes




No comments:

Post a Comment